Medford firefighters quickly took care of a restaurant fire while most people were still enjoying their Thanksgiving dinners. Eddy’s Place on Salem Street has a very fortunate location almost directly across the street from a fire station. Ladder 2’s afternoon crew heard an alarm sounding from the restaurant late Thursday afternoon and quickly responded to the scene. The response grew after smoke was discovered and firefighters forced their way into the restaurant, which was closed at the time. The crew discovered a stove fire in the kitchen and was able to take care of it before it grew and spread to other areas.
Photo courtesy Medford Firefighters Local 1032