As we prepare to turn the page to fall, it’s a good time to get out your calendar and note the season’s arts and cultural events in Medford that you won’t want to miss.
The September lineup includes:
– The Mystic Music Fest and CACHE’s Mystic River Celebration festival, both at the Condon Music Shell Park
– Concerts by Irish pop music sensation Nathan Carter; pianist Anastasia Seifetdinova; Sisters In Song; plus the start of the 2017-18 Tufts Sunday Concert series
– The concluding two events in the series on Centennial of World War I being presented by the Medford Historical Society & Museum and Medford Public Library.
– Two Comedy Nights and a CACHE Paint Night fundraiser at Carroll’s Restaurant
– The Friends of the Medford Public Library’s annual Fall Book Sale
– West Medford Community Center’s monthly Words and Music event, featuring a panel focusing on “Arts and the Community”
– The Dugger Park Labor Day Block Party, Tufts Community Day, and the West Medford Community Center’ s Family Fun Day
There’s also a staged reading of the film “Steel Magnolias;” film screenings; art exhibitions; and workshops and classes on music, writing and creative crafting
See the events calendar on the CACHE in Medford website for information on these and other upcoming events. And be sure to look ahead to October, when Arts Across Medford returns with an array of offerings exploring the theme “Connections.”
Submit events taking place in Medford to cache.event[AT]gmail.com
– Ken Krause, CACHE Calendar Editor