Summer seems to by flying by, but there are still many arts and cultural events to be enjoyed in Medford in August, including:
– Five free concerts at the Condon Music Shell – three presented by the Medford Family Network, and two by the Chevalier Theatre Commission – in addition to the weekly music at the Medford Farmers Market at that venue
– Two more talks in the summer-long World War I Centennial program of events and exhibits being presented by the Medford Historical Society & Museum and the Medford Public Library
– The debut of “Words and Music” at the West Medford Community Center, and another classical music concert at First Baptist Church of Medford
– Historic walking tours in East Medford and West Medford
– A one-day pop-up exhibit featuring Medford photographer Marcus Howard
August also features the annual West Medford Lobster Fest; Mystic Makerspace workshops; dance and film events, and more.
Find details at the Arts and Cultural Event calendar on the website for CACHE – the Coalition for Arts, Culture and a Healthy Economy in Medford.
And since fall will be here before you know it, save the dates for the festivals and events already on the calendar for September and October.
Know of a Medford event to add to the calendar? Please submit the information to cache.event[AT]gmail.com.
– Submitted by Ken Krause, CACHE Calendar Editor. Photo of Condon Shell courtesy of Medford Farmers Market