Summer’s here, and that means it’s time for outdoor music in Medford!
July offers five of the 11 outdoor music programs currently on the 2017 calendar, starting with Saturday’s Medford Eats Food Festival and Brass Band Costume Parade in Medford Square. A New Orleans-style brass band will lead the parade, while the bandstand at City Hall will feature performances by the Revolutionary Snake Ensemble, the Flying Cattaneos, and the Blue Ribbons.
Meanwhile, the Medford Family Network will hold three outdoor concerts at Wright’s Pond in July (with three more to follow in August at the Condon Music Shell). And the Chevalier Theatre will debut its first outdoor summer concert series with a show by Julie Rhodes at the Condon Shell.
Of course, there’s also weekly outdoor music every Thursday at the Medford Farmers Market, also at the Condon Shell park.
Other July highlights on the Medford Arts and Culture Calendar include:
– The kickoff of a new live music series at the West Medford Community Center
– The Medford Public Library and Medford Historical Society & Museum’s continuing series of programs and exhibits related the centennial of World War I
– The annual Brooks Estate picnic
– Films, author talks, Mystic Makerspace workshops, dance classes and more!
For details, visit the Medford Arts and Culture events calendar on the website for CACHE – the Coalition for Arts, Culture and a Healthy Economy in Medford.
Have an event to submit? Send the information to cache.event[AT]gmail.com.
– Submitted by Ken Krause, CACHE Calendar Editor