When asked in a 2016 Medford Arts Council survey what types of programs they’d like to see more of in the city, Medford residents’ No. 1 answer was live music (tied for first with public art).
Next month, there’s plenty of live music to choose from in Medford with 18 events on tap, including:
– In the spirit of St. Patrick’s Day, Irish music concerts by the Chieftains; the Coynes and Friends; and Matt and Shannon Heaton, Laura Cortese and Fodhla
– The Boston-area debut of Thomas Anders, of the popular 1980s German band Modern Talking
– A two-day event with films, live performances and lectures about George Antheil, the self-proclaimed “Bad Boy of Music” and his two very different careers: ultra-modern composer in 1920s Paris, and pillar of Hollywood film music in the 1940s and ’50s
– An evening of music and meditation (including a harpist!) at the Medford Public Library
– Other performances of classical, chamber, Brazilian jazz, Korean and Russian music
– A new free concert series featuring Italian music at Real Gusto restaurant
– The Artistry of Wine, which will combine art and wine at the newly renovated Atlas Liquors on Mystic Avenue
The month’s 50-plus events also feature author talks; new art exhibits; film screenings; book and writers’ group gatherings; Mystic Makerspace workshops; dance events; comedy; fundraising events for the Medford Public Library and West Medford Community Center; and more!
For details, visit the arts and culture calendar on the website for CACHE – the Coalition for Arts, Culture, and a Healthy Economy in Medford.
If you know of other events taking place Medford, in March or beyond, please send the details to cache.event[AT]gmail.com for inclusion on the calendar.
– Submitted by Ken Krause